In today’s digital world, your hotel’s online presence is paramount, with your website acting as your virtual front door. A good first impression is not just important; it’s vital. And with ChatGPT, your website is much more than an online brochure, it’s a digital concierge, it’s streamlined bookings, it’s bespoke experiences, and it’s captivating content—if you know how to leverage it. This tool can transform your site and, most importantly, increase bookings.
Are you ready to use ChatGPT to turn your hotel website into a dynamic and engaging platform that bolsters loyalty and boosts your bottom line? Let’s go.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI-powered chatbot that uses natural language processing to engage in humanlike text conversations. You can use this platform to ask any kind of question and receive instant responses. Not only can it be implemented as a virtual assistant to help visitors on your website, but you can also use it to generate and refine website content that drives conversions.
If you haven’t tried it yet, get ready to be amazed. Whether you need advice, assistance with shaping your marketing plans, or even help writing copy, ChatGPT is here to revolutionize your website content. While you’ve probably heard about its ability to write blog posts (which it can indeed do, with some limitations), that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
But to make the most of ChatGPT, you’ll still need to engage your human brain! Keep reading to learn the different ways you can use ChatGPT for your hotel website and how to input the right questions and commands (prompts) to generate the best content.
You know that guy at every pool party who shouts, “Cannonball!” right before making a tsunami-sized splash? That guy is ChatGPT, and the pool is the content world. (And those drenched poolside folks giving the cannonball dude the side-eye are the anxious copywriters.)
In other words, ChatGPT is making waves.
Thanks to ChatGPT, content has never been easier. From generating ideas to building out roadmaps to content creation, ChatGPT is a powerful tool for marketers.
Use ChatGPT to write inspired hotel messaging aligned with your branding and target market, create engaging room descriptions, and describe amenities and packages. Provide it with basic information, and it can assist you in developing persuasive and appealing descriptions. ChatGPT excels at content expansion; you can provide a brief overview of your intended message and prompt it to enrich the content with additional information, ideas, insights, and examples.
- Idea generation: “What key elements should I incorporate on my hotel’s website home page?”
- Descriptive text: “Please compose a room description for a [size] room, highlighting its [list standout features and amenities] while integrating SEO keywords relevant to [district or region].”
- Expand or enhance content: “Please refine this paragraph” or “Augment this paragraph with more depth and allure.”
- Tailor to the audience: “Compose content geared towards business travelers visiting our hotel” or “Craft a message designed for families planning a vacation at our resort.”
Optimize your time by seeking assistance from ChatGPT to generate blog topics, create an outline, or even compose entire blog posts covering topics such as local attractions, travel tips, tourism insights, or regional cuisine. Now that’s a time saver!
- Blog topic generation: “Could you provide a list of 20 blog post ideas to boost the SEO for my hotel in [location]?”
- Blog outline: “Please create an outline for a blog post focusing on the culinary scene in [location].”
- Blog creation: “Craft a blog post about [topic], incorporating the following key themes: [list your main ideas or themes].”
Strengthen your FAQ page by enlisting ChatGPT’s help to generate common questions that guests typically ask hotels in your area. It can provide standard answers that you can modify to suit your property.
- Generate questions: “Kindly provide a compilation of the top 10 FAQs and corresponding answers for a hotel in [location].”
- Generate answers: “Please provide responses to common queries and questions posed to hotels in [location], which I can later customize for my property.”
Keyword Integration for SEO
ChatGPT can be used to recommend keywords that you can incorporate into your content to make your hotel website more discoverable by search engines. Conversely, you can give ChatGPT a paragraph and ask it to optimize it for you!
- Request keywords: “Please suggest relevant keywords for optimizing my 11-room inn and full-service spa in Banff, Alberta.”
- Optimize existing text: “Incorporate SEO keywords into the following text for my 11-room inn and full-service spa situated in Banff, Alberta: [paste paragraph.]”
If you’re unsure where to start your hotel’s website content development, simply ask ChatGPT for a content strategy.
- Get a general idea: “Kindly outline a website content strategy for my hotel.”
- Experiment with specifics: “I operate a 15-room hotel in [location], focusing on business travelers. Can you provide a content roadmap tailored to my website?” or “What are the top 5 crucial elements I should include on my hotel website to appeal to business guests?”
Content Editing (Human + AI Collaboration)
ChatGPT can’t read your mind (not yet, anyway), so you must be specific with your prompts in order to get the results you’re looking for. Go forth knowing that ChatGPT truly is amazing but not perfect. It’s best to view the content it generates as a first draft that requires your human touch to fine-tune and fact-check.
Ensure to double-check the facts, especially when asking ChatGPT to generate content from scratch, such as blog posts. The platform generates content based on existing information on the internet, which could be inaccurate or outdated.
When creating your prompt for ChatGPT, include the tone or a description of your brand voice to elicit content more aligned with your brand. Even so, check to ensure it matches your brand voice and doesn’t sound like ChatGPT, which has its own distinctive brand voice.
- Refine tone: “Kindly rephrase this in a warm and inviting style.”
- Brand voice inspiration: “Consider the author [Author Name] as an embodiment of our brand voice and incorporate their style into the content.”
- Influential figure influence: “Incorporate the charisma of [Celebrity Name] into the content to reflect our brand’s personality.” Here’s a fun example:
Prompt: Please rewrite the following in the voice of Ryan Renolds: Get inspired by our sweeping oceanfront and mountain views. Relax at our heated rooftop salt water pool and enjoy our signature renowned spa. The city’s best attractions and restaurants are just minutes away from our iconic waterfront hotel in Vancouver.
ChatGPT result: Picture this: sweeping oceanfront panoramas and those jaw-dropping mountain views – they’re all yours to soak in. Fancy a little R&R? How about taking a dip in our heated rooftop saltwater pool and treating yourself to our famous spa? And when you’re ready to hit the town, trust me, the coolest attractions and the yummiest restaurants are just a hop, skip, and a jump from our iconic Vancouver waterfront digs.
Remember that ChatGPT was created by software engineers, not writers. Many times you might be struck with how amazing something sounds. But upon more investigation, you’ll realize there’s a lot of extra “fluff” that can be cut from the content that ChatGPT generates.
Provide Further Guidance
If you don’t get the results you were hoping for, click the button that says “regenerate” for another option or provide additional feedback, such as:
- “Please make this more concise.”
- “Please rewrite with an empowering/inspiring/elegant/professional tone.”
Fit the Narrative
Does the ChatGPT content contribute to your brand’s narrative? Tweak your content so it continues to tell the story. This is the human element that ChatGPT doesn’t quite get right yet.
Use ChatGPT as an Editing Tool
While you should edit your ChatGPT content, ChatGPT can also edit your content! Ask it to correct your grammar or make something sound better—just keep in mind you may want to reject some of its edits in defense of tone, brand voice, and personality.
Prompt ideas (copy and paste the text for editing along with the prompt):
- Grammar editing: “Please review this text for grammatical errors and correct them.”
- Grammar and clarity enhancement: “Could you review this text for grammar and suggest improvements to enhance its clarity?”
- Enhance writing: “Please improve the overall quality of this text.”
- Boost dynamism: “Infuse more energy and dynamism into this text.”
- Inspiring rewrite: “Recreate this text in a manner that inspires and motivates.”
- Style emulation – e.g., Anthony Bourdain: “Write this text in a style reminiscent of Anthony Bourdain.”
- Conciseness improvement: “Make this text more concise while retaining its essence.”
- Reducing fluff: “Edit this text to remove unnecessary or overly descriptive language.”
Legal and Privacy Considerations
Be cautious when using ChatGPT for generating legal documents, terms of service, privacy policies, and other legally binding content. It’s recommended to consult legal professionals for such content.
ChatGPT for Instant Guest Assistance on Your Hotel Website
ChatGPT can also be installed on your website as a chatbot to respond to your guests directly in real time. It’s like having a concierge available at your guests’ fingertips 24/7.
Guest experience platforms like Duve and HiJiffy are developing hotel-specific chatbots that can be used across channels, including your property’s website, messaging apps, and social media. Automating guest communications, these powerful chatbot solutions use generative AI to respond to enquiries and requests in real-time, in the guest’s language. They can be set up to reflect your brand voice and use both internal and external data to answer your guests’ questions.
Personalization is key, so customize and fine-tune inputs to match your hotel’s tone and style, and implement testing to ensure accurate and helpful interactions. Testing and monitoring are crucial for maintaining accuracy and performance over time. And if things get a little too tricky for the bot, make sure there’s always a way for your guests to escalate to good ol’ human support.
ChatGPT Changes the Game
ChatGPT represents a game-changing opportunity for hotels to revolutionize their online presence and significantly enhance the guest experience, all while substantially boosting their bottom line. This remarkable tool can not only serve as a dynamic chatbot providing personalized, real-time assistance to guests on your hotel website but also as a versatile powerhouse for content generation, lending invaluable assistance in crafting compelling web copy and optimizing content for superior SEO performance.
Yet it’s crucial to underscore that while ChatGPT is undoubtedly impressive, it’s not perfect. Human intervention remains essential to check facts and align brand voice and narrative. This human-AI collaboration guarantees top-notch website content that drives bookings.