With the introduction and increasing popularity of TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram videos, video content proves year after year to be the most engaging medium for consumers and the most beneficial for businesses. Using video content in your digital marketing strategy can raise awareness of your property, improve conversion rates, as well as educate and entertain your customers all at once. Here is why and how you should take advantage of video content in your 2021 digital marketing strategy:
Videos Convey the Stay Experience
Featuring videos on your website and social media can increase conversions by up to 80%. Videos can drive business by transporting your audience to your property and immersing them in an emotional experience as opposed to an impersonal transaction or advertisement. Travel bookers can stroll through your property’s gardens, journey down to the waterfront, walk right into your suites, enjoy your dining services, and visit your spa — all through their device! This is advantageous not only as a storytelling method but also as an influencing factor in where guests decide to stay. The travel booking experience is one driven largely by emotion; how a property makes you feel rather than just for rational reasons. Video content can still show customers the value and logical basis of booking with you while also establishing an emotional connection, resulting in more lookers becoming bookers.
Videos Are Easily Consumed
When people seek out information today, they typically go to a YouTube or TikTok video because they can easily search for the topic they want and have it presented in an entertaining yet educational way. This is backed up by research that says that 69% of consumers prefer video when learning about a product or brand, compared to 18% who preferred a text-based article. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video must be worth many more. In today’s age of information, short, entertaining videos that capture viewers’ attention are the most effective way of promoting your property’s story and value.
Videos Want to be Shared
People are twice as likely to share video content with their friends and followers than any other type of content. More sharing means that your content is exposed to a wider audience and new customers — for free! Video content is crucial for expanding your online reach and growing your social following. More views and visits to your social media accounts and website mean more potential customers. Because videos are easily shared, it is important to take advantage of this by creating content that is information-dense, interesting, and promotes your property.
Different Types of Marketing Videos
There are many different types of videos to choose from depending on your goal and purpose for creating each video. What story are you wanting to tell and what experience are you trying to convey? Use your best judgment in deciding which type of video will best fulfill your end goal.
- 360° & Virtual Reality (VR) Videos – If regular videos have the ability to create an in-depth experience for your consumers, then 360° & VR videos can almost literally pull your audience through their screens and onto your property. These types of videos are an especially effective way of creating an in-depth, interactive experience with your brand on your property’s website.
- Live Videos – Live videos via the likes of YouTube, Instagram and Facebook give your audience an unedited, authentic, behind-the-scenes look at your property and how it operates. These videos also encourage higher viewer engagement and longer viewing times, with commenters being able to actively participate in your content by asking questions and having them answered in real-time.
- Customer Testimonial Videos – One of the best ways to build credibility is through testimonials from real, satisfied customers. This type of word-of-mouth advertising is one of the most effective ways of promoting your property because people are more likely to trust one person’s real-life experience over a paid advertisement.
- Instructional / How-To Videos – Since more people prefer to learn about a new product or brand through watching a video, these educational videos will be especially valuable when attempting to introduce yourself to new followers and for teaching customers about recent updates or additions at your property and services.
- Brand Videos – These videos allow you to share your brand’s mission and values while showcasing your property and services. Here, you can tell the personal story behind your business and build awareness around your priorities and goals while also establishing an emotional connection with your guests.
Production and Quality
While well-produced videos are often associated with brand credibility and good-value, highquality products, you do not want your videos to feel or look like traditional advertisements. Consumers prefer lower-quality, authentic content over high-quality content that seems inauthentic and impersonal. While videos do help boost your bottom line, however, they should also serve as attempts at heartfelt human connection with your guests instead of being simply transactional.
Keeping this in mind, a video that is low-quality to the point where its flaws distract from the overall message will not be effective in telling your story, either. Here are some areas to focus on that will ensure your video content remains personal yet professional:
- Lighting – Well-lit videos instantly make you appear more professional, are more pleasing for your viewers to watch, and convey a positive mood around your property.
- Sound – For the best sound quality, use an external microphone rather than your device’s builtin microphone. Also, for accessibility, include subtitles in all of your marketing videos.
- Editing – The editing process is where the story you want to tell comes together. Hook and hold your viewer’s attention with a dynamic intro, use smooth transitions and appropriate music to convey the atmosphere and experience of staying at your property.
By drawing viewers in for a personable, emotional connection to your property, video content is an essential inclusion for your 2021 digital marketing strategy. Roll the cameras and get ready to see increased conversions and a wider, more engaged online following!